(Hebrews 6: 4 – 6)
- Those born of the Spirit do not love the world; the world does not dictate their standards and values (I John 2: 15 – 16)
- Those who live in immorality and freely follow the ways of the world, it does not matter what they profess, they are demonstrating by their lifestyle that they are probably not yet regenerated, and are nothing but the children of Satan according to Scripture. (I John 3: 6 – 10)
- Today, the world is full of people who are religiously zealous, people who are best reformed, but not transformed or regenerated.
- We are living in the days people are taught how to be religious, but no personal conviction or encounter with Jesus, the Saviour of mankind.
- People have redesigned salvation to mean religious knowledge instead of heart business.
- To the saved, I want you to know that just as one can be born of the Spirit by receiving the life of God, he can also extinguish that life by ungodly choices and unrighteous living.
- The Bible says that if you live after the flesh, you will die (spiritually), but if you through the Spirit mortify the deeds of the body, you will live (Romans 8: 13)
- It is clear from Scripture that sin and refusal to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading can extinguish the life of God in the soul of the believer, cause spiritual death and exclusion from the Kingdom of God. See Mathew 12: 31 – 32; I Corinthians 6: 9 – 10; Galatians 5: 19 – 21; Hebrews 6: 4 – 6; I John 5: 16 – 19.
- Know that our membership in God’s family remains conditional on our faith in Christ throughout our earthly journey and obedience to His word.
- The Bible says, “Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul (Hebrews 10: 38 – 39)
Are you born of the Spirit? This experience becomes yours as you confess and repent of your sins, and accept the Lord Jesus as your savior. The Holy Spirit is still in the business of regenerating souls that turn to Jesus for salvation. But once you are born again, rejoice because you have eternal life but don’t go back to sin because sin can extinguish that life you gained.